Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kind Words from Miles' Speech Therapist

Miles will always be one of the most memorable kids. I hope I'm invited to his high school graduation someday! And college! He comes into our speech room with so many stories now. I am able to understand much of what he is telling me with his combined words and gestures. Miles is so expressive! One of my favorite recent stories was when we were working on wet and dry, so I poured water on one of his hands and the water also got on my knee and the floor. His eyes about popped out. The next language pullout day he really warned me about that activity by pointing to the water jug and saying "wadu-no" (you should have seen his face, heard his intonation, and watched his head shake no), and he then pointed to my knee and the floor. We both cracked up.

No comments: