Monday, October 22, 2007

Imitation Stage

A new and intriguing string of behavior has recently appeared in Miles. He is starting to imitate ailments that have hit Carrie and I. His first foray into sympathy pain was several weeks ago when Carrie sprained her ankle. After her ankle had been wrapped and the healing was starting to really begin, we had a night away at a hotel while Miles and Zen were being watched by the grandmas. The next day, we noticed that Miles was limping around. It wasn't a slight limp, it was rather profound. We didn't know where to start. Since he can't speak and has a hard time letting us know what has happened, we were at a loss. After his nap, the limp went away and his cover was blown. Yesterday, the same kind of thing happened. I cut my finger pretty badly on a steel lid and had to run off for a band-aid. After coming back, Miles was frantically waving the same finger on his hand. He wouldn't stop until we got a band-aid to seal up his imaginary wound. It's quite intriguing to see your little one imitating your injury to be a part of what you are going through. This is just another unique mix known as Miles as he continues to fascinate me daily with his intrigue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie directed me to your blog. I am touched by your honesty and obviously heartfelt words. I wish all of you the best.

Dana, Andrew's mom