Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Defining Therapy & Our Schedule

After reading a great article on ABA therapy on the EFFECT listserve, I decided to do some research into this type of therapy for Miles. I started by asking his ST, OT, and PT’s what they thought and from there I hit the books.

Everyone told me basically the same thing: It depends on the therapist you get. I hate the word behavior and it is one of my goals to come up with a better way to describe this therapy, since it basically addresses his ability to learn. Maybe it should be called learning behavior analysis instead of behavior therapy. In any case, we decided to give it a whirl and we love our new therapists. For all of those who want to know Miles’ new schedule, I am including it below. Also, I am also going to put in the list section all the new signs and skills that he is learning each week! Click here to access the list's page.

ST = Speech Therapy - OT = Occupational Therapy - ABA = Applied Behavior Analysis

Monday = OT: 9:45 - 10:45 / ABA In-Home: 3:00 - 5:00
Tuesday = ABA @ Autism Clinic: 9:00 - 11:00 / OT: 4:15 - 5:15
Wednesday = ST: 9:00 - 11:00 / ABA In-Home: 3:00 - 5:00
Thursday = ABA @ Autism Clinic: 9:00 - 11:00 / ST: 3:00 - 4:00
Friday = ALL DAY FUN

No comments: