Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Miles Video

I finally crossed a personal bridge and have decided to produce an autism video highlighting Miles. It has been something I have thought about quite a bit over the past several months, but was reluctant to do it. My hesitation is due to the fact that I don’t want this to possibly be something that Miles would not like later on down the line. You know, mass dissemination of something like Autism or Developmental Delays is a slippery slope for a little guy and the road ahead. But, I feel as though Carrie and I can produced a quality piece of video that will help others like us either cope or seek needed services for a child that is not diagnosed. We are going to interview our behavioral therapist Nancy and a host of others to deliver a quality piece. As of now, I have been working freelance for Current.tv and the plan is to see if we can get this piece aired on National Television and hopefully provide a good dose of education and awareness about a huge mental health issue facing the kids of our country. As the numbers rise and many new parents have to face the reality of Autism, anything that can be presented well with the virtues of therapy is going to be a must.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea and will be helpful to so many people!